Monday, July 15, 2013

Low Back Pain Causes - Good Reasons To Change Your Mattress


Have you ever waken up in the morning with an agonizing pain in your lower back? If you have, then probably the mattress you were sleeping on is not suitable for you. If you are still sleeping on it now, you better change it as soon as possible before you experience another lower back pain in the future because of your mattress.

I also had an experience of lower back pain before. Luckily, I managed to find out that my mattress is the source of my lower back pain. I had been sleeping on it since I was still an undergraduate ten years ago. Every morning, I always woke up with pain in my lower back until one day my friend, who slept on my mattress, also experienced the same problem. Finally it was dawn to me that it was not my back problem and that I had to change my mattress as soon as possible. Ever since I changed that old but comfortable mattress, I always wake up with fresh mind and also fresh body without experiencing any pain.

I am sure that many people out there, and possibly you, still keep your old mattress and sleep on it. I understand that old mattress is always comfortable because our body has been used to it. However, if you do experience any pain, you have to bid farewell to that old mattress. The old mattress will most likely no longer give you the support to your back that it provided many years ago. This will only worsen your back problem, and the comfort of it is actually a guilty comfort. Moreover, if it is soft, then it must be disposed immediately. You are probably asking yourself what the problem is with soft mattress. Is it not comfortable? Yes, it is, but the softness of the mattress is the one that causes your back pain. Even worse, the shocking truth is that the softer the mattress is, the more back pain you will have after sleeping on it.

Most people have the wrong conception as they think that softer mattress is more comfortable and therefore better for your back. Yet, the fact is that it is not good for your back. When you flip your body at night and turn along the bed, the soft mattress does not provide good support for your back muscles. The muscles will instead become tense and they are strained. This is the cause of the back pain and therefore, the soft mattress is not good for your back.

So is a harder mattress better? Yes it is, although sometimes we will feel that hard mattress is not comfortable at all. A harder mattress will provide the kind of support to your back. However, what I mean by hard is not a mattress that is as hard as a board. Try selecting a harder mattress that is at the same time, provides comfort while you are sleeping.

If you have not purchased your harder mattress now, and you are having back pain, you can try stretching and lying on the floor or a harder bed. It will improve your blood circulation at your back, and therefore, it will promote your back healing. Try purchasing a harder mattress in near future so that you can say good bye to your back pain. If your back pain still exists after some time, try consulting the nearest doctor and seek for his advice. Back pain is a problem that cannot be ignored, because it will only weaken your back from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment